Fruit Salsa Sundaes
Warm glazed fruit with a subtle hint of cumin give these ice cream banana splits new flair.
4 Dessert Bowls
- 8 1/3 cups Blue Bunny® Sweet Freedom® Banana Split Ice Cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 6 medium fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 large kiwi, peeled and diced
- 4 small firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- Fat Free Whipped Topping, optional
- Chocolate Sprinkles, optional
- 4 Maraschino Cherries, optional
1. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, cook pineapple and brown sugar just until pineapple is softened, 5 minutes. Add strawberries, kiwi and cumin; cook several minutes until fruit is just heated through.
2. Arrange 2 banana halves in each of 4 dessert bowls; top each with 2 scoops ice cream. Spoon glazed fruits equally over ice cream. Garnish with whipped topping, chocolate sprinkles and a maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve immediately.