Blue Bunny® Thanksgiving Stuffing
Looking for something different for your Thanksgiving meal? Try this recipe that tastes more like a dessert than a side dish!
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
20 - 1/2 cup servings
- 2 cups Blue Bunny® Premium All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 cups dry pumpkin bread, about 8 slices
- 4 cups dry cinnamon raisin bagels, about 6
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
In a large mixing bowl, combine bread and bagel cubes, chopped apples, chopped pecans, raisins, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and ginger. Combine ice cream and butter in a bowl and melt. Add egg and whisk to combine. Pour ice cream mixture over the bread cubes. Gently stir to moisten. Spoon into a greased 2.75 quart casserole dish. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
To dry out pumpkin bread cut loaf into slices and lay on wire rack, room temperature overnight. Or, cut into cubes and place on baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
To dry out cinnamon raisin bagels open bagel in half and lay on wire rack, room temperature overnight. Or, cut into cubes and place on baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.