|Corp Quality Assurance Mgr
Le Mars, IA
Wells Enterprises currently has an opening for a Corporate Quality Assurance Manager in Le Mars, IA.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Provides administration/oversight of Supplier Quality Management programs through utilization of risk assessments, data reviews, performance monitoring, 3rd party audit/certification review, 2nd party audit programs and corrective action response assessments.
- Works with Procurement and Customer Service on opportunities with suppliers, distributors, carriers, and customers in all aspects of quality and food safety where applicable.
- Works with procurement, logistics, materials management, packaging engineering, and various other departments to ensure quality requirement are met.
- Counsels employees on procedures and operational changes.
- Oversees activities of Freezer Quality Coordinator and Supplier Quality Supervisor.
- Ensures statistical methods are utilized to evaluate all significant characteristics related to incoming materials and supplier performance.
The ideal candidate would have these preferred qualities:
- HACCP certified
- Knowledge of SQF and Auditing
- Leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge around Quality, Dairy Manufacturing and Warehouse Environments.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, other duties may be assigned by your supervisor, as dictated by business necessity.
The requirement for this position is a Bachelors of Science in: Dairy Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or closely related discipline along with a minimum of three years¿ experience, in a FDA or USDA regulated environment.