|Qa Food Safety Hygienist
Le Mars, IA
To: All Employees CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2014
From: Talent Acquisition Department TIME: 8:00 A.M.
Date: January 23, 2014
Quality-Food Safety Hygienist - Days
The NICP has an opening for a Quality-Food Safety Hygienist in our Quality Assurance Department. Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the incumbent is the primary responsible for day-to-day oversight of Food Safety programs and practices, including those supporting SQF compliance, as well as maintaining the HACCP plan and chairing HACCP Team meetings. The Hygienist works in conjunction with Corporate Food Safety Manager to assure that Corporate Microbiology Standards are implemented as required at the plant level. The incumbent provides relevant Food Safety training to plant staff and assures Food safety control practices are being followed / documented as required and taking appropriate actions in light of the data presented.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Directs / executes plant environmental monitoring program and allergen assessment programs. Assures routine samples are collected (and properly documented) as required and are in compliance with Corporate Microbiology Standards.
- Conducts relevant Food safety training for the plant(s), including, but not necessarily limited to: HACCP topics; GMPs /hygiene; allergen awareness; basic food microbiology.
- Conducts (internal) Food Safety audits / inspections. Documents the findings of these and manage / document corrective action activities.
- In conjunction with Document Control, assures that only the most current and approved versions of these control documents (SOPs, specifications, data collection forms, etc.) are available to those responsible for manufacture and control of product, including all Food Safety Aspects of plant manufacturing and control programs.
- In conjunction with Product Release Coordinator, assist in managing client driven product / environmental sampling programs and special product Food safety documentation requirements relevant to specific customers.
- Investigates customer / consumer complaints as needed and documents these investigations.
- Schedules and chairs HACCP team meetings; assures meetings are documented.
- Directs needed Hazard Analyses in light of product / process / facility changes (works in conjunction with Document Control Coordinator; Marketing; Corporate QA; Plant QA; Sanitation; Manufacturing); assures findings are documented.
- Assures HACCP Plan is maintained current, including, but not necessarily limited to: Process / product Flow Diagrams; Hazard Analyses (including preventative measures); CCPs and justification thereof; corrective action plans in case of CCP deviation; sampling plans; validation of critical limits.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, other duties may be assigned by your manger, as dictated by business necessity.
Note: This position is primarily ¿days¿ but night and evening work will be required due to business needs.
Qualified applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, and / or Food Science a minimum. Demonstrated experience with food or nutritional products manufacturing and / or quality programs required. Familiarity with food / nutritional product legislation (FDA & USDA 21CFR & 9 CFR) a plus. This position requires flexibility along with good communication, organizational and people management skills.
The pay grade for this position is 33 and the incentive band is B.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application athttp://bunnynet.bluebunny.com/hr/staffing/pages/careers.aspx orhttp://www.bluebunny.com/careers/Jobs.aspx.