|Product Dev Technologist I
Research and Development
Le Mars, IA
We currently have an opening for a Product Development Technologist I in our Research and Development Department in Le Mars, Iowa.
This individual with guidance, delivers R&D plans and strategies which involve taking new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization while applying learnings, creativity and technical knowledge to add value through innovation.
Other responsibilities include:
- With guidance, is responsible for coordinating activities necessary to take new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization working with project constraints of time, target and budget.
- Gains understanding and applies knowledge of ingredients, products and frozen dessert manufacturing processes for the completion of projects.
- Uses objectivity on project work by practicing the scientific method of defining the question, gathering and recording information, forming a hypothesis, performing experiment, analyzing data, interpreting data and drawing conclusions.
- Delivers with guidance, R&D plans and strategies in support of company objectives.
- Communicates project needs, project status and recommends technical advice to internal customers and external vendors to promote more efficient and effective project work.
- With guidance, applies learnings, creativity and technical knowledge to add value through innovation. In addition to the responsibilities listed above, other duties may be assigned by your supervisor as dictated by business necessity.
Applicants must have a minimum education including: Bachelors in Science in Food or Dairy Science. Prefer a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a food/dairy related field. Strong communication (oral and written) skills are required.