|Product Dev Technologist Ii
Research and Development
Le Mars, IA
Product Development Technologist II
Wells' Enterprises, Inc. currently has an opening for a Product Development Technologist II in our Research and Development Department in Le Mars, Iowa.
This individual is responsible for delivering R&D plans and strategies which involve taking new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization while applying learning, creativity and technical knowledge to add value through innovation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating activities necessary to take new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization working with project constraints of time, target, and budget.
- Understands and applies knowledge of ingredients, products, and frozen dessert manufacturing processes for the completion of products.
- Applies learnings, creativity, and technical knowledge to add value through innovation.
- Communicates project needs, project status and technical advice to internal customers and external vendors to promote more efficient and effective project work.
- Uses objectivity on project work by practicing the scientific method of defining the question, gathering and recording information, forming a hypothesis, performing experiments, analyzing data, and interpreting data and drawing conclusions.
- Delivers with minimal guidance, R&D plans and strategies in support of company objectives.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, other duties may be assigned by your supervisor as dictated by business necessity.
The ideal candidate will possess these ideal abilities:
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within various projects.
- Ability to be self-directed as it relates to personal development.
- Ability to create, develop, and foster effective working relationships.
Applicants must have a minimum education including: Bachelors in Science in Food or Dairy Science. Applicant must also have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a food/dairy related field. Strong communication (oral and written) skills are required.