Frozen Strawberry Shortcake Roll
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until foamy and light yellow in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and vanilla. Add sugar and mix well to combine.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, and mix until fully combined.
- Line a standard cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray sides and bottom with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter onto pan and bake for 17 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Meanwhile, spread a clean kitchen towel on your counter and add enough powdered sugar to cover the towel, spreading it over the entire surface.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and carefully invert it onto the towel.
- Carefully peel the foil off, making sure not to tear the cake.
- Fold one end of the towel over the cake and carefully roll cake into towel. Place it on a rack to cool for up to two hours.
- When the cake is cool, set a sheet of wax paper down and unroll the cake onto it.
- Scoop the ice cream into an electric mixer and mix it on low just until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Using a spoon, spread ice cream over cake, leaving a one-inch border around the sides.
- Roll the cake up again and then wrap it with the wax paper, then a sheet of foil. Freeze it until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat it, thaw cake for 5 minutes and then cut it into 1-inch slices. Serve with fresh whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Strawberry ice cream made with ripe strawberries and strawberry sauce.